Become a part of the future of derby – participants become eligible for 2021-2022 Season Try-outs.
Join Our New Skater Camp Mailing List!
Subscribers learn first when our much anticipated annual camp registration opens and have first dibs registering their skaters in SDB’s premier New Skater Camp for Junior Roller Derby
League Try-outs and Regular Season:
- Please understand that attending summer camp DOES NOT guarantee placement on the league. Though we try to accept as many new skaters as our facilities and staff can handle, try-outs are competitive.
- Tootsy Rollers, ages 8-11 years old. The youngest skaters in the league play the sport in a positional-only (not full-contact) version. Tootsys practice once a week.
- Division 1, ages 12-18 years old. Div1 skaters play positional-only (not full-contact) and learn the foundations of roller derby strategy. Div1 practices as a division once a week and as teams on alternating weeks. At the start of the season all skaters attend all practices.
- Division 2, ages 12-18 years old. Div2 are higher skilled and more experienced skaters, playing at a full-contact level. Div2 practices twice a week.
- Travel Team Try-outs: For skaters interested in becoming part of SDB’s elite travel teams, a separate try-out will happen and is required for ALL skaters (those currently in SDB and those new to the league). More info on 2021-22 Season Travel Teams Try-outs is forthcoming.
Please visit the equipment page to learn more about gear required in the sport of roller derby.