Thank You for Supporting SDB!
Why we need your support
No other sport embodies girl power like roller derby. It is a physically and mentally demanding contact team sport that was created by women for women. And because derby celebrates diversity and individuality, the sport is exceptional at creating a safe and welcoming place for youth who may have struggled to fit in with other sports.
Seattle Derby Brats has built a strong community of skaters and volunteers. We want to ensure that our programs are accessible to all interested skaters, so we do our best to keep our registration fees low and offer an abundance of scholarships. However, running the largest junior roller derby league in the country is not easy.
We are able to keep our registration fees low thanks to two amazing attributes of our community:
- We are an all-volunteer organization—our coaches, referees, and the vast majority of people who are required to run practices and bouts day-in and day-out are volunteers
- We receive generous donations from individuals, foundations, and companies to support the league and allow us to pay for rent, safety precautions, insurance, and other required supplies and expenses
We want to welcome every interested skater into our amazing community, and we need your support to enable us to continue to do so.
How you can help
Any level of giving is appreciated!
We use donations to help support expenses both big and small. Here are just a few examples of the ways donations help us support the community:
- $25-400: Providing equipment such as mouthguards, jerseys, wheels, pads, helmets, skates, or other equipment to individual skaters who are on scholarship
- $425-1,000: Providing scholarships to cover part (or all) of the annual registration fees for individual skaters; subsidizing travel expenses for individual skaters on our travel teams
- $1,000-75,000 (or more!): Paying rent for our practice and event locations
The derby community celebrated a victory for equity in female sports when Seattle Parks and Recreation agreed to paint track lines on the gym floors at their community centers.
We Need Your Continued Support!
Make a Donation to the Seattle Derby Brats
The Seattle Derby Brats is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization, so your donations are tax-deductible.
Please donate today by clicking the button below or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Thank you for supporting girls in junior roller derby!